immigration lawyer vineland, NJ

Employment-Based Non-Immigrant Visas

Foreign workers have a lot to offer the United States in terms of skill, knowledge and experience. That is why U.S. immigration law has historically provided paths for foreign workers to enter the country for employment purposes. The process for obtaining an employment-based visa can be lengthy and extremely complex. Job-seekers are encouraged to consult an experienced immigration lawyer for help and legal guidance.

Non-Immigrant Work Visas

Typically, the best option for foreign nationals who wish to work in the United States is to obtain a non-immigrant visa. These temporary visas were created to help American employers meet an immediate need for labor. They are often issued to workers who can perform temporary services or labor when capable workers are not available in the United States. This may include agricultural workers. A temporary non-immigrant work visa may also be issued to workers with specialty occupations, such as computer programmers or systems analysts.

Non-immigrant work visas are granted to those seeking to enter the U.S. for a specific employment purpose and for a limited period of time. Workers generally must have an American employer file a petition on their behalf through the USCIS employment-based immigration process. Once admitted, the individual is generally restricted to the activity or job function for which their visa was issued.

The highly qualified legal team at the Law Offices of MC Law Group, LLC has successfully handled the following types of non-immigrant visas:

  • H-1B Visas – Also referred to as Specialty Occupation visa, these are granted to workers, usually with advanced degrees, in specialty occupations such as information technology (IT), accounting and finance, engineering, science, mathematics, and medicine. H-1B visas are subject to an annual cap, making them difficult to obtain in many circumstances.
  • H-2B Visas – These visas allow certain U.S. employers to bring foreign laborers to the U.S. to fill temporary nonagricultural positions. H-2B visas are commonly used to fill seasonal positions, such as those in the hospitality and tourism industry, as well as amusement park work.
  • L-1 Visas – (Corporate Transferees Visa) These are used by companies that want to transfer foreign employees to the U.S. to work in a company branch, usually as an executive, manager or in a specialized position. Spouses and children of workers granted an L-1 visa are generally eligible to accompany the L-1 visa holder on an L-2 visa.
  • TN Visas – Created under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), TN visas permit qualified Mexican and Canadian citizens who are working as professionals in certain fields for one or more U.S. employers. Eligible professionals often include teachers, accountants, engineers, lawyers, scientists and medical specialists.
  • O-1 Visas – These visas are reserved for individuals who have been recognized for their extraordinary ability and achievements. O-1 visa holders are at the top of their fields, usually in business, sciences, athletics or the arts. Extensive documentary proof is necessary for granting this type of visa.
  • P-1, P-2, or P-3 Visas – These temporary employment visas are granted to internationally recognized athletes, entertainers, or artists visiting the U.S. to take part in a public event related to their field of expertise, such as an athletic competition, concert, or exhibition.

Philadelphia Immigration Lawyers at the Law Offices of MC Law Group, LLC Assist Those Seeking a Temporary Work Visa

For more information on how our experienced and multi-lingual Philadelphia immigration lawyers can help you obtain a non-immigrant work visa or for help with any other immigration law issue, call the Law Offices of MC Law Group, LLC today at 215-496-0690. You can also contact us online. Our office is centrally located in Philadelphia, and we serve clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Call Now Button